Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Slacker

After a few gung-ho days when I started this blog, I have really been slacking here. It's not due to a lack of blog ideas, but rather an abundance, and I don't know where to start. I want to properly document this early part of Ben's life, but when I start to think of all I'd like to cover, I get overwhelmed.

Anyways... things have been better on the mood front lately. The improving weather has played a big part, and I have also been active most days of the week: Curves 3 evenings a week, gardening or tossing a softball around with T when the weather's nice, walking into town and downtown on the weekend. Ben has been a treat lately - always in a good mood, sleeping like a champ (generally does 12-13 hours per night, plus 2-3 naps, still!), and happy to be schlepped around to our various activities. He will be 7 months old next week, which blows my mind. He still has just the 3 teeth, and absolutely no sign of the 4th (bottom left) to even things out. But he's a baby and has no problem pulling off the lopsided grin :)

I had a great first mother's day (well, 2nd, if you count being pregnant as being a mother). T cooked me a nice breakfast and presented me with a framed photo of Ben with a nice message and his handprint.. awwhh.. it was very sweet and unexpected. We spent the day preparing the earth in our vegetable garden, and had roast beef dinner with T's Grandma in Aurora. So it was pretty low-key, but we had some quality family time. The next morning I was in pain from shoveling, weeding, etc... my back and shoulders are not used to such manual labour! We will plant the vegetables this week and are very excited to eat the fruits of our labour and to make Ben's food with produce we've grown ourselves - how rewarding is that!

No comments: