Friday, May 2, 2008

A week of firsts

Ben and I got home from our week-long trip to BC on Wednesday evening. His dad missed us oh so much, and was actually at the airport on time to pick us up (in the past he was always late retrieving me).... Ben experienced many firsts in BC: first time traveling alone with mom, first tastes of oatmeal and sweet potato, first boat ride, first time swimming, and first teeth!
That's right, the teeth we thought would soon be making an appearance did so on Thursday morning - first one on the bottom, then one on the top. There's one more trying to come through on the top. Poor little guy has been in a lot of pain - he's getting baby tylenol every few hours, as well as anbesol and frozen teething gummy things.
Ben also met his auntie Gemma and uncle Scott who were visiting from Washington. They were suitably impressed with Ben, and he thought they were ok :)
My parents were beyond thrilled with Ben - he was on his best behaviour and wowed all my parents' friends he got to visit. It was hard to say goodbye though, but I will see them again in mid-June - when Ben will probably be crawling! Ahh!!
It was so nice having people around all day to help with Ben and entertain him so I could have some "me time". Now it's back to my boring, quiet life.
Oh and as you can see from the picture, my dog looooooved having Ben around...

No comments: