Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Super momma

Wow, things have been busy lately, but good busy! I have made some "mommy friends" and have been attending a PPD support group which has done wonders for my mental health. I am typically out and about 4 days a week, which is a huge change from only a month ago when I was out maybe 1 day a week. I'm still going to Curves, and feeling stronger every day. Ben has also been busy - we started sign language class this Monday, so I need to start practicing the 30 or so words we learned!

I'm also proud to say that we've made the switch to cloth diapers (*most* of the time...). I ordered a 4-pack of pocket diapers from an online baby store, and they are pretty amazing! I have to say I was a bit skeptical that they would be absorbent as disposable, but so far, so good! They are super comfortable and pretty cute, and yeah, no leaks! Now I need to decide which of the 4 styles I prefer and buy several more so I don't have to do laundry every single day :)

We've also been expanding our food repertoire - for the most part I am making my own food, which is super easy and so much cheaper. Ben's favourites are sweet potatoes and avocadoes (just like his Mom!). The next frontier is meats and alternatives.... which I'm sure will make his diapers even more.. ahem... fragrant... yippee!

We're heading to a wedding in London this weekend, which will involve a 2-night stay in a hotel, with Grandma & Grandpa Cassidy! It will be nice to have a little getaway and to have the extra help with the boy.

Oh how could I forget, Ben has been "talking"!! He said Mama about 10 days ago (and hasn't done it since, good thing I caught it on video!) and now does Dada (dadadadadada actually). It's the best to hear him chatting away to himself :)

No comments: