Friday, April 18, 2008

4:30am

Ben has been fussing in his crib since 2:58am. He usually sleeps from 8pm until 6am, so I know he can go all night without feeding. However, last night he awoke at 2:45am, and fussed and fussed and fussed, so I got fed up, caved in, and fed him so I could get some peace. Babies are smart though- he will wake up every night at this time if I continue to feed him. So, I am letting him cry it out. A controversial method, but I know it works for us - we got him to sleep through the night by using this method. I know Ben is not fussing to piss me off or to manipulate me, but it is frustrating to say the least! You can't reason with him, and explain that he's not really hungry and just needs to go back to sleep.
This is the worst part of parenting for me - the sleep issues (mine and Ben's). I am thankful that I don't need to go to work in the morning, but I do feel bad for T who does have to be up at 6am (eek!). T did get up @ 3:40 to check in on Ben, but promptly went back to sleep/started snoring. Between Ben's "eh eh ehhhhhhhhs" and T's snoring, I am not getting any sleep any time soon - even with ear plugs in and a pillow over my head! It is physically impossible for me to sleep when I can hear Ben - nature's way of ensuring I'm looking after my baby, I guess.
4:37 and still going strong... god help me....

No comments: