Saturday, April 19, 2008

Crazy biatch!

Aliza Shvarts - have you heard of this girl? She's an "art" student at Yale who may or may not have artificially inseminated herself and then induced abortions for a 9 month period, then videotaped and kept (ew!) the "results". There are lots of links (here's one for your viewing "pleasure": http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aliza_Shvarts for the full story, so I won't be repeating the gory details here.
Abortion as art is crossing the line, in my opinion (and I'm sure 99.9% of normal people would agree with me - Aliza does not strike me as normal!) . I am not pro-life, but I only believe in abortions when needed (to protect the health of the mother or when a mother would not be able to care for the baby) - not for the purposes of an "art" project. When I think of what this woman may or may not have done (there are conflicting reports) I feel sick - not only because it is physically disgusting, but so ethically and morally wrong.
I can only hope it's a hoax with the purpose of attracting attention and creating discussion.

1 comment:

jaime said...

i have read several articles about her in the last week...i am ashamed to say that i first heard about it on perezhilton, but that in neither here nor there. abortion as a form of artistic expression? are you serious? i am not pro life either, but i do not beleive that this is a moral practice, nor a valid form of expression. i choose to believe that most women who decide to have an abortion are greatly affected by the process. it is a decision that you would question, even if it were only in the quietest of moments spent alone, for the rest of your days. it is still illegal in several places...this can only serve to hurt the pro choice movement. i can only imagine how a young woman who made the courageous decision to have and rear a child, one such as you, would feel about this. and keeping the "results"? are you kidding? that is just plain gross...and unsanitary! foul.