Wednesday, April 16, 2008

A light on the horizon

What better to break me out of this funk than a week-long visit with my parents? Next week I leave for 7 days with my folks on beautiful Vancouver Island. My mother saw Ben in February, but my dad hasn't seen him since Christmas... a lot changes from 2 months to 6 months old, so he is anxious to see him, to say the least!
While there, my best friend and her husband will be driving up from Washington state - she hasn't met Ben, and we haven't seen each other since a brief (one evening) visit in September, when I was hugely pregnant. We've been friends since 1999, when we were both attending a boarding school in Italy for our final year of high school. We attended the same university and lived together the year following graduation, until I moved out here in August '05. The fact that we've been friends for 9 years is amazing, considering I'm a military brat and spent my childhood moving every year or two.
The only potential problem with this trip is the fact that I will be flying alone with Ben. He's already flown 6 times, but not since he was 2 months old, and always with both T and me. I worry that now that he's older and not sleeping all the time, he might be fussy and vocal (!) on the flight. My savior will be the TV screen on the back of the seat - I'm flying WestJet, and I think they're standard issue? Fingers crossed!

No comments: